2022 Season Week 2 Recap
Anthony Amoroso (Saint Rose, ‘19/’21 Dutch)
- Amoroso threw six shutout innings while striking out nine batters on the weekend for Saint Rose.
- The two time Dutchmen staffer is currently leading the Golden Knights in strikeouts (11).
Logan Beard (Louisville, ‘21 Dutch)
- Logan is settling into his new everyday starter role for Louisville real well, as he went 3-8 with two doubles and four RBIs in the second weekend series.
- Beard has been off to a hot start to his sophomore campaign, ranking sixth on Louisville in batting average (.300).
Justin Bench (#9 Ole Miss, ‘19 Dutch)
- Bench had a productive week for the Rebels, going 5-10 with six RBIs and a double.
- The 2019 Dutchmen Player of the Year currently ranks in the top five on Ole Miss in batting average (.421), RBI (8), total bases (10) and OBP% (.500).
Will Duff (Missouri State, ‘19 Dutch)
- Four separate two hit games on the week for the former Dutch, as Duff went 8-16 with five RBIs, three doubles and a triple.
- Duff currently leads Missouri State in doubles (5), triples (1), OBP% (.548) and ranks second in batting average (.462).
Connor Eisenmann (UAlbany, ‘21 Dutch)
- Eisenmann saw his first action of the year this weekend and he did not disappoint, as he threw five innings of one hit, shutout ball while sitting down eight batters on strikes.
- Eisenmann is the only UAlbany starter that has not allowed a run in his first start of the 2022 season.
Anthony Germinerio (UAlbany, ‘21 Dutch)
- Germinerio threw six shutout innings with four strikeouts for the Great Danes this weekend.
- The Averill Park grad is dominating, as he currently holds a 1.50 ERA through his first two starts, and became the first UAlbany pitcher to throw double digit innings on the young season.
Will Hesslink (Manhattan, ‘19 Dutch)
- Dominance is continuing from the big lefty, as Hesslink threw 6 innings, allowing 2 runs and punching out 10 on his weekend start.
- The grad transfer is settling into his new school well, as he has now thrown six innings in each of his first two starts.
Isaac Humphrey (Louisville, ‘21 Dutch)
- Speed was on display this week for Isaac Humphrey, as the sophomore strung together a three game hit streak in which he went 5-10 with two doubles and a triple.
- Humphrey currently ranks 5th on the Cardinals in batting average (.333), as well as total bases (10).
Cam Masterman (Louisville, ‘18 Dutch)
- Baseballs were mashed by Cam this week, as he went 5-17 with six RBIs and a team leading three home runs.
- Masterman is the only Louisville hitter to have a base hit in each of the Cardinals first seven games.
Ben Metzinger (Louisville, ‘19 Dutch)
- Metzinger raked at the plate on Sunday, going 3-5, a single shy of the cycle and racking up 5 RBIs in the series finale against Dartmouth.
- Ben currently leads all Louisville hitters in RBIs (9) through their first seven games.
Ben Seiler (Siena, ‘19/’21 Dutch)
- 2021 Albany Dutchmen Pitcher of the Year threw six shutout innings while fanning four for the Saints on Saturday.
- The Albany Academy grad seems to be settling into his starting role at Siena, after primarily working out of the bullpen in the 2021 college season.