Connor McCaffery (Pictured) (Iowa, ‘19 Dutch)
- McCaffery (two-sport athlete) helped Iowa win the Big Ten Men's Basketball Championship over the weekend, as the Hawkeyes took down Purdue in the title game.
- McCaffery and the Hawkeyes are the 5 seed in the Midwest, and will head to Buffalo to take on Richmond on Thursday at 3:10.
Logan Beard (Louisville, ‘21 Dutch)
- Beard was barreling baseballs this week, goin 5-14 with a double and 4 RBIs.
- Beard’s .356 average and 17 RBIs both rank in the top four on Louisville.
Aaron Dona (St. Thomas Aquinas, ‘19 Dutch)
- Dona shoved in his outing, throwing 7 shutout innings, allowing 1 hit and striking out 12.
- Dona was named the East Coast Conference Pitcher of the Week.
Caleb Doyle (Clarkson, ‘21 Dutch)
- Doyle is raking in week one of the season for Clarkson, going 7-12 with 3 doubles and 2 RBIs.
- The Chatham grad’s .583 batting average through his first four games currently leads the Liberty League.
Luke Franzoni (Xavier, ‘19 Dutch)
- Franzoni was slugging this week, going 6-18 with a double, 2 home runs and 11 RBIs.
- Franzoni’s 9 home runs ranks 3rd in all of D1 baseball, and leads the Big East Conference.
Roel Garcia (Rice, ‘17 Dutch)
- Garcia dominated #16 Texas Tech this weekend, throwing 4 shutout innings with 9 punchouts.
- Garcia is holding opposing batters to a .254 average which ranks 2nd on the Rice staff.
Luke Gold (Boston College, ‘19 Dutch)
- Gold is still hot, he went 9-22 with 3 doubles, 2 home runs, and 5 RBIs on the week.
- The Ballston Spa grad had six consecutive multi-hit games, and his 8 doubles leads the ACC.
Dylan Johnson (St. John’s, ‘21 Dutch)
- Johnson dominated his weekend start, throwing 5 innings of 1 run ball in a pitchers duel.
- Johnson now carries a 2-0 record, and has gotten the win in both of St. John’s victories.
Arlo Marynczak (Siena, ‘21 Dutch)
- Marynczak threw 3 hitless innings while punching out 6 out of the bullpen in Siena’s first win.
- The Bethlehem grad’s 2.57 ERA is the lowest on Siena, and ranks 4th in the MAAC.
Ben Seiler (Siena, ‘19 & ‘21 Dutch)
- Seiler got Siena’s first win of the year as the lefty threw 6 strong innings, allowing 1 run.
- The Albany Academy grad has now thrown at least 6 innings in his past 3 outings, and his 21.1 innings of work leads Siena College.