Player of the Week:
Tom Kretzler (Pictured) (SUNY Brockport, ‘21 Dutch)
- Kretzler was absolutely mashing this week, batting .632 (12-19) with three doubles, a triple, seven home runs and seventeen RBIs, to go with six innings allowing just one earned run on the mound.
- The Colonie graduate is the only hitter in Brockport history to reach the 30 home run plateau, as his 34 career long balls rank first in program history, and his 13 home runs in 2022 stand as the single season record for the Golden Eagles.
- Kretzler has been unbelievably successful for Brockport this season, leading the squad in average (.364), OPS (1.222), hits (48), doubles (13), home runs (13), RBI (49), total bases (104), ERA (1.93), WHIP (.94) and complete games (3).
Dutch in the Pros:
Zach Remilard (Triple-A Charlotte Knights, White Sox Org, ‘12/’13/’15 Dutch)
- Remilard was sensational at the dish going 9-20 with two doubles, a home run and seven RBIs on the week.
- The Cohoes native and Coastal Carolina product leads the Knights in batting average (.318), OBP (.420), and doubles (5).
‘14 Kyle Zurak & ‘17 Sean Boyle (Double-A Somerset Patriots, Yankees Org)
- Boyle and Zurak held it down on the mound as they both threw for the Somerset Patriots in the same game last week against the Portland SeaDogs.
- Boyle got the start, going five scoreless innings while allowing just three hits and seven punchouts, then Zurak came out of the bullpen for two scoreless frames with two strikeouts.
Lucas Dunn (Single-A Lake Elsinore Storm, Padres Org, ‘18 Dutch)
- Dunn was 5-15 with a triple, home run, and three RBIs on the week for the Padres affiliate.
- The Louisville product leads the Storm in OPS (1.035), slugging percentage (.541), OBP (.494), RBI (19), and triples (3).
Adam Zebrowski (Single-A Augusta GreenJackets, Braves Org, ‘21 Dutch)
- Zebrowski went 4-15 with three RBIs on the week for the Braves Single-A squad.
- The Albany native ranks top three on the squad in OPS (.726), slugging percentage (.364), OBP (.362), RBI (11), doubles (5), and home runs (1).
Performers of the Week:
Logan Beard (#11 University of Louisville, ‘21 Dutch)
- Beard was huge at the plate as the Cardinals went 4-0 and jumped 10 spots in the national rankings, the sophomore was 7-14 with a double, triple, home run and eight RBIs.
- The Louisville native ranks top three on the Cardinals in average (.343) and RBIs (44).
Jake Defayette (RPI, ‘21 Dutch)
- Defayette was raking this week, going 6-11 with a double, home run and an RBI.
- The Schalmont graduate ranks fourth in the Liberty League in home runs (7).
Connor Eisenmann (UAlbany, ‘21 Dutch)
- Eisenmann was incredible in his weekend outing, throwing eight innings allowing just four earned runs en route to picking up the win in a victory for the Great Danes.
- The Western New York native leads the America East in opponent batting average (.215), while his ERA (4.34) and wins (5) both rank top ten in the conference.
Evan Fox (Stony Brook University, ‘21 Dutch)
- Fox was doing it all this week for the Seawolves, going 5-14 with a triple, home run and three RBIs.
- The Ballston Spa product ranks top ten in the America East in slugging percentage (.537), triples (4), stolen bases (22).
Luke Franzoni (Xavier University, ‘19 Dutch)
- Franzoni broke Xavier’s single season home run record with his 17th long ball of the season on Sunday.
- The New Jersey native was 7-13 with a double, home run and two RBIs on the week.
Isaac Humphrey (#11 University of Louisville, ‘21 Dutch)
- Humphrey showed his speed on the basepaths this week, going 6-15 with three doubles and three RBIs across Louisville’s four games.
- The outfielder ranks seventh in the ACC in On Base Percentage (.483).
Ben Lavery (St. John Fisher College, ‘21 Dutch)
- Lavery mashed this week, going 7-17 with two doubles and five RBIs.
- The Shenendehowa graduate leads the Empire 8 in RBIs (44) and home runs (9), while also ranking top ten in slugging percentage (.603), OPS (1.012), hits (42), runs (36), and doubles (10).
Luke Lyon (Snead State, ‘21 Dutch)
- Lyon dominated his outing, going six innings, two earned runs and five strikeouts.
- The Right Handed Pitcher has a 4.01 ERA and a 8.21 K/9 across his team leading 49.1 innings of work in his first collegiate season.
Jake Manderson (Georgetown College, ‘21 Dutch)
- Manderson dealt a complete game shutout in which he allowed one hit and punched out nine strikeouts.
- The Ballston Spa product and the Georgetown College Tigers will play in the Mid-South Conference Tournament Thursday, May 5th at 2:30.
Cam Masterman (#11 University of Louisville, ‘18 Dutch)
- Masterman was huge with runners on this week, going 4-12 with seven RBIs and a home run as Louisville went 4-0 on the week.
- The Kentucky native ranks top ten in the ACC in home runs (14) and RBIs (52).
Connor McHugh (St. John Fisher College, ‘21 Dutch)
- McHugh extended his scoreless inning streak to 19, as the Latham native threw five shutout innings over the weekend allowing just three hits and punching out two batters.
- The Shaker product leads the Empire 8 in ERA (1.93) and opponent batting average (.152).
Ben Metzinger (#11 University of Louisville, ‘19 Dutch)
- Metzinger raked for the Cardinals, as he was 8-17 with a double and four RBIs on the week.
- Louisville’s Captain is tied for seventh in the ACC in home runs (14), and is tied with ‘18 Dutch Cam Masterman for the squad’s lead in long balls.
Ben Seiler (Siena College, ‘19 & ‘21 Dutch)
- Seiler continued his dominance, fresh off his 19 strikeout performance which set the 2022 D1 record, the lefty threw five innings, allowing two earned runs and punching out seven batters.
- The Albany Academy product ranks second in the MAAC in ERA (3.73), while also ranking top ten in the conference for innings pitched (60.1) and strikeouts (74).
Will Stroud (Azusa Pacific, ‘21 Dutch)
- Stroud was 6-15 with two doubles, three home runs and eight RBIs on the week.
- The California native had two multi-hit games in Azusa’s series win.
Ryan Yerby (RPI, ‘21 Dutch)
- Yerby dominated four innings, allowing just two hits, one earned run, and striking out seven.
- The RPI graduate student ranks seventh in the Liberty League in strikeouts (44).